Monday, November 17, 2008

HATE CRIMES STILL HAPPEN?

(I wrote this blog soon as I read an article about a gang of white kids killing a hispanic man on Long Island) Yes, race relations have come a long way in America. We just elected a black President. BUT DON"T TELL ME RACISM DOESNT EXIST! In several blogs over the last few months, I have written about racism. A friend of mine replied to one of my racism blogs, he called it a 'red herring'. A Red fucking Herring!!? So, Is racism just a tiny nuisance that, when it happens, we should look the other way? NO! It continues being a real problem. It's not going away until we all act to stop it. Last weekend on Long Island, a group of kids (most of them white) decided to go "Beaner Hunting". Basicaly, they wanted to drive around until they found a random hispanic to beat up or kill. CONGRATULATIONS! They succeeded. They found and killed an innocent hispanic man on his way home from work.It scares me because the victim could have been me or any member of my family.There is absolutely nothing correct or funny about racism in any shape or form. There are racists who hate silently and from afar. They see nothing wrong with telling a 'nigger joke', as long as there are no "niggers" around, of course. These spineless cowards will write blogs online from the safety and comfort of their homes.This sort of racists annoy me but they are relatively harmless.What scares me are the racists so devoted to their hatred, that they would kill a complete stranger because the color of their skin. Sure, you can pretend racists don't exist.Then how do you explain all the reported "Hate Crimes?". They do happen.

No comments: